This page informs you about the collection of your personal data when using our web pages. Personal data are data which relate to your person, e.g. name, address, email address, telephone number, your usage behavior or your IP address.
This data privacy declaration explains users the scope, the purpose and the use of data relating to your person by the responsible provider of these web pages [MBM ScienceBridge GmbH represented by Dr. Jens-Peter Horst (CEO), Hans-Adolf-Krebs-Weg 1, 37077 Göttingen, Germany].
Regarding data privacy issues you can contact MBM ScienceBridge GmbH under datenschutz[at]sciencebridge.de .
Legal basis for the processing of personal data
Insofar as we obtain the consent of the data subject for processing of personal data, legal basis is Art. 6 para. 1 lit. a) EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
Art. 6 para. 1 lit. b) GDPR is the legal basis for the processing of personal data necessary for the performance of a contract to which the data subject is a party. This also applies to processing operations required to carry out pre-contractual actions.
Insofar as processing of personal data is required to fulfill a legal obligation that is subject to our company, the legal basis is Art. 6 para. 1 lit. c) GDPR.
In the event that vital interests of the data subject or another natural person require the processing of personal data, the legal basis is Art. 6 para. 1 lit. d) GDPR.
If processing is necessary to safeguard the legitimate interests of our company or a third party, and if the interests, fundamental rights and freedoms of the data subject do not prevail over the first interest, the legal basis for processing is Art. 6 para. 1 lit. f) GDPR.
Data query by visiting the website
No personal data is requested on the MBM ScienceBridge GmbH website, with the exception of the data transmitted by your browser in order to enable you to visit the website. Above all, this includes your IP address.
Each time our website is accessed, our system automatically collects data and information from the computer system of the accessing computer.
The following data may be collected:
(1) Information about the browser type and version used
(2) The operating system of the user
(3) The Internet service provider of the user
(4) The IP address of the user
(5) Date and time of access
(6) Websites from which the system of the user comes to our website
(7) Web sites accessed by the user's system through our website
The data is stored in the log files of our system. A storage of this data together with other personal data of the user does not take place.
The legal basis for the temporary storage of data and log files is Art. 6 para. 1 lit. f) GDPR.
The temporary storage of the IP address by the system is necessary to allow delivery of the website to the computer of the user. To do this, the user's IP address must be kept for the duration of the session. Storage in log files is done to ensure the functionality of the website. In addition, the data is used to optimize the website and to ensure the security of our information technology systems. An evaluation of the data for marketing purposes does not take place in this context.
In these purposes lies our legitimate interest in the processing of data pursuant to Art. 6 para. 1 lit. f) GDPR.
The data will be deleted as soon as the purpose of its collection it is no longer existing. In the case of the collection of data for the provision of the website, this is the case when the respective session is ended. In the case of storing the data in log files, this is the case after two months at the latest. A longer lasting storage is possible. However, in this case, the IP addresses of the users are deleted or alienated, so that an assignment of the calling client is no longer possible.
Contact by user
When contacting us (e.g. by e-mail) the transmitted personal data of the user will be stored for the purpose of processing the request / contact as well as in the event that follow-up questions arise.
The personal data processed during the sending or receiving process serve to prevent misuse of the contact data or the communication and to ensure the security of our information technology systems.
We do not transfer your personal data to third parties.
Processing of personal data related to your business relationship with MBM
In the context of the business relationship with MBM, MBM may process the following categories of personal data of current and future contact persons at our customers, suppliers, universities, research institutions and partners (each a “BusinessPartner”):
- Contact information, such as full name, work address, work telephone number, work mobile phone number, work fax number and work email address;
- Payment data, such as data necessary for processing payments;
- Further information necessarily processed in a project or contractual relationship with MBM or voluntarily provided by the Business Partner, such as personal data relating to orders placed, payments made, requests, and project milestones;
- Personal data collected from publicly available resources, integrity data bases and credit agencies.
MBM may process the personal data for the following purposes:
- Communicating with Business Partners about services and projects of MBM or Business Partners, e.g. by responding to inquiries or requests or providing you with economic or technical information about projects;
- Planning, performing and managing the (contractual) relationship with Business Partners; e.g. by performing transactions and orders, processing payments, performing accounting, auditing, billing and collection activities, arranging shipments and deliveries;
- Maintaining and protecting the security of our services and websites, preventing and detecting security threats, fraud or other criminal or malicious activities;
- Ensuring compliance with legal obligations (such as record keeping obligations) and
- Solving disputes, enforce our contractual agreements and to establish, exercise or defend legal claims.
The legal basis for MBM processing data about you is that such processing is necessary for the purposes of:
- MBM exercising its rights and performing its obligations in connection with any contract we make with you (Article 6 para. 1 lit. b) GDPR),
- Compliance with MBM’ legal obligations (Article 6 para. 1 lit. c) GDPR), and/or
- Legitimate interests pursued by MBM (Article 6 para. 1 lit. f) GDPR). Generally the legitimate interest pursued by MBM in relation to our use of your personal data is the efficient performance or management of our business relationship with you.
In some cases, we may ask if you consent to the relevant use of your personal data. In such cases, the legal basis for MBM processing that data about you may (in addition or instead) be that you have consented (Article 6 para. 1 lit. a) GDPR)..
Unless indicated otherwise at the time of the collection of your personal data (e.g. within a form completed by you), we erase your personal data if the retention of that personal data is no longer necessary (i) for the purposes for which they were collected or otherwise processed, or (ii) to comply with legal obligations (such as retention obligations under tax or commercial laws).
The personal data of the data subject will be deleted or blocked as soon as the purpose of the storage has ended. A storage may also take place if this is necessary due to European or national legislation in EU regulations, laws (in particular the Employee Invention Act - Arbeitnehmererfindergesetz) or other regulations (in particular public documentation obligations - öffentlich-rechtliche Dokumentationspflichten) or for reasons of preservation of evidence.
Blocking or deletion of the data also takes place if a storage period prescribed by the standards mentioned expires, unless there is a need for further storage of the data for conclusion of a contract or fulfillment of the contract.
For the personal data sent by e-mail, this is the case when the respective conversation with the user has ended. The conversation ends when it can be inferred from the circumstances that the relevant facts have been finally clarified and no further communication is forseeable.
User's right of access, and user's right to revocation, object, rectification, addition, erasure and restriction of data processing
The user has the right, upon request, to receive free information about the personal data that has been stored about him. In addition, the user has the right to the correction of incorrect data, blocking and erasure of his personal data, as far as no legal duty of storage prohibits this.
Under certain legal conditions, the user has the right to the restriction of processing his personal data.
The user has the possibility at any time to revoke his consent to the processing of his personal data. If the user contacts us by e-mail, he may object to the storage of his personal data at any time. In such a case, the conversation can not be continued.
The revocation of consent and the objection to storing personal data can be made via the contact options listed in the imprint.
All personal data stored in the course of a contact will be deleted in this case.
Besides contacting MBM, you always have the right to approach the competent data protection authority with your request or complaint.
A list and contact details of local data protection authorities is available here.